Compassionate, Caring, Effective Legal Counsel

License Revocation

Following an arrest for DWI, your driver’s license may be revoked or canceled. It is important to know that you have the right to a judicial review of your driver’s license revocation. During the implied consent hearing, you can challenge the state’s case against you and ask to have your license reinstated. Time is of the essence, however, as you must file the petition within 30 days of receiving the notice of revocation.

Brad Mathis Law Office has represented hundreds of individuals facing DWI-related license revocation and cancellation, and we can help you too. In addition to aggressively challenging the revocation of your license, we can help you obtain a temporary license or work permit, and in many instances, we can get your license back while your case is pending.

Limited Licenses

You are allowed to petition the court for a license that allows you to drive under certain conditions. Called a “work permit” or a limited license, this document allows you to:

  • Drive back and forth to work
  • Drive to substance dependency treatment
  • Drive to a post-secondary education facility
  • Drive to obtain necessities such as medical care for your family

Typically, there is a waiting period before you can apply for a limited license. If this is your first offense, the waiting period is either 15 days or 30 days depending on your BAC at the time of the arrest. If this is your second offense, the waiting period is either 90 days or 180 days.

Reinstating Your License

Once you are eligible to have your driving privileges reinstated, you will need to complete a license reinstatement application, pay a $680 reinstatement fee and pass a written test with DWI related questions.

DWI Attorney In Minneapolis

If you are facing license revocation or cancellation due to an alcohol-related driving offense, act fast by contacting an experienced Minneapolis DWI attorney as soon as possible. Call Brad Mathis any place, anytime for a free consultation at 612-328-9826.